Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Here We Go!!

Today is the day we have waited for for so long. The day we finally journey to bring our babies home. It has been a very long, emotional wait, but we have seen the Lord move mountians, do the impossible and reveal Himself in ways we could not have imagined. As I reflect over all He has done, it brings me to tears.  And He is not done yet!  I would like to share an email I received just last night.  I was completely blown out of the water.

"Hi Ashley!  My name is Becki Carlson and I am on the AWAA SN yahoo group.  My family adopted a little girl through the AWAA SN program in 2006.  I have since been leading Mission trips to work in orphanages in China with Visiting Orphans.  I just got back from leading my 5th team (I got home last night) and we were in Shantou.  I checked "the list" to see if anyone was adopting any of the kids from Shantou and found your name.  You won't believe this, but my friend has video of your son looking through the photo album you sent!  We have been praying we would find his parents so I am thrilled we found you!  
Your little guy is SOOOO cute!!"  

How amazing is our God!?!  Nothing is impossible with Him!  Who am I that He is mindful of me?  Why He chooses to reveal Himself in such amazing ways I do not know, but I am humbled and so very thankful. 

I am anxiously awaiting those pictures and will try to post them we when can. 

I also wanted to say thank you for the bottom of my heart for all the prayers being lifted for our family. We experienced such a peace yesterday when we thought the day would bring tears and 
heartache for us and our boys.  There was NO tears as we put the boys to bed and NO tears as they awoke without us this morning. His peace truly does go beyond our understanding. 


 We wanted to share the details of our trip itinerary, so that you can pray specifically for what is happening each day.

Beijing 5/1 - 5/4
Wednesday, 5/1 - Depart for Beijing
Thursday, 5/2 – Arrive in Beijing
Friday-Saturday, 5/3-5/4 – Beijing Sightseeing

Gansu 5/5 - 5/9
Sunday, 5/5 – Fly to Lanzhou, Gansu for Meili’s Gotcha Day!!!
Monday, 5/6 –Thrusday, 5/9 – Remain in Lanzhou for adoption appointments/passport


Guangzhou 5/10 - 5/22
Friday, 5/10 – Fly to Guangzhou 
Saturday - Sunday, 5/11-5/12 – Sightseeing and shopping in Guangzhou
Monday, 5/13 - Gotcha Day for Aaron Li!!!
Tuesday - Friday, 5/14-5/17 -  Remain in Guangzhou for adoption appointments/passport
* Thursday, 5/16 - Trip to Aaron Li's orphanage (pray for his little heart, that this would not be hard for him.)
Saturday - Tuesday, 5/18 – 5/21 – remain in Guangzhou for the medical exams & consulate appointment
Wednesday, 5/22 – depart for HOME!!!

I wish there were words to express what is in our hearts for each and every person who played such a precious role in helping us bring our babies home.  There have been hundreds of people that God has used, and we count each of you such a blessing. Please keep praying. He is working!

We will update when we can. Love you all. 




2 comments:

  1. I am in tears watching this precious boy who is your son. Oh I can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you as you travel and are united with your precious daughter and son!

    ReplyDelete