Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Our Special Friend

Today we spent the morning at the Gansu Historical Museum with a special friend.  She went through with us and explained all the exhibits.  The first part of the museum was all about the history of Buddhism.  In many different places, people had put money (maybe similar to our “wishing wells”).  Tollie asked about the piles of money, and she said that people put the money there as a donation to Buddha to help their prayer get answered.  She said that if your prayer got answered, you should go back to say “thanks.”  As she continued to explain about Buddhism, my heart just grew so heavy that so many people believe this.  They hope in something that can never give them what they are looking for.  I began to ask that He would open a door for me to share the truth.  As we exited the Buddha exhibit, she made a reference to us being C’s (Chinese assume all Americans are C’s), and I knew He had opened the door wide for me to share.  So I did.  As she listened, her eyes became misty and I knew He was working. 

So I am asking that you lifted her up as we only have one more day with her.  I am asking that He would continue to working in her heart, and that I can share more tomorrow.  I want to share the amazing story of how He led us to Aaron Li.  I want her to see that He answers when we call because He loves us and because He has the power to do anything.  I want to share with her how He was to adopt us just as we have come to adopt our children. 

 Would that be amazing if she became adopted just as Meili and Aaron Li are!  She is without our hope and a future just as our children would have been without us.  But He comes to give hope and a future.  He rescues us so that we can call Him “Abba, Father.”

Thank you for lifting us and lifting our precious friend.  He is so good and we are so grateful for all He has done to bring us to this place and this time so that we can share His love. 

 Meili is a dream come true.  To see the transformation right before our eyes from orphan to princess gives me such a picture of what He has done for me.  It helps me to understand His great love for me.  I am so grateful. 

 Please share with others so that they can be lifting as well.  We will spend time at the park tomorrow, so ask Him to give me wisdom and opportunity.  We love you all.

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment