Monday, January 14, 2013

Sharing Our Story on "Your Carolina"

Sweet Hands of Meilí

Tomorrow morning (Tuesday, January 15) we have been invited to share our adoption story on WSPA's "Your Carolina" television show at 10:00.  We are very thankful for this opportunity to spotlight adoption and adoption fundraising.  We hope to encourage others to consider adoption and God's call to care for orphans in James 1:27:

"Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you."

Although we want to take every opportunity to give glory to God's wonderful name and to promote adoption, I'll be honest in saying that I am very nervous.  I really don't know what to expect, and for a planner like me, that's hard!  But as I came before the Lord this morning, confessing my fear, and asking Him to fill me with peace, He gave me just the word I needed in Psalm 27:14: 

"Wait for the Lord;
Be strong and let your heart take courage;
Yes, wait for the Lord."

He was reminding me that I don't have to have it all figured out.  I don't have to know exactly what I am going to say or how long I am going to have to say it.  I just need to wait on Him, knowing that He is faithful to complete the good work which He started.  

Thank you, Lord, for Your word and Your peace.  May I never miss any opportunity to bring honor and glory to Your holy name, and may Your name be high and lifted up tomorrow for all to see Your greatness.

"But as for me, the nearness of the Lord is my good;
I have made the Lord God my refuge,
That I may tell of all Your works."
Psalm 73:28

No comments:

Post a Comment